Bradford Hockey Club was established in 1894 and is affiliated to the Yorkshire Hockey Association. In October 2005, we were the first hockey club in West Yorkshire to achieve ClubsFirst Accreditation from England Hockey, and have worked hard to maintain this standard, with the latest accreditation being granted in April 2016. This recognises that Bradford Hockey Club is committed to providing and maintaining a safe, effective and child friendly club environment.
In July 2012, Netherwood Ladies Hockey Club merged with Bradford to provide a much needed ladies section within the club. To maintain continuity they were known as Netherwood-Bradford for the 2012/2013 season, and thereafter become a full part of Bradford Hockey Club. In recognition and in credit to the founding members of Netherwood Ladies HC, the 2013 Annual General Meeting of BHC approved a Celebration Trophy which will be awarded to a BHC Women’s Player from 2014.
On 1st August 2012, both Bradford and Netherwood-Bradford relocated their club base to the facilities at Bradford Girls’ Grammar School.
Now with a growing affiliation with Bradford University we are committed to providing it’s students with a platform to play weekend and mid-week hockey and support its BUCS campaign by providing training to players, new umpires and coaches.